Monday, April 2, 2012

My round with natural healthcare

So, I have had this rather annoying cough.. This cough has been lingering in my house for a very long, long, long time. Well, my mom started to get worried that I had developed pneumonia and wanted me to go to the doctor. The only issue I had with this is that I don't currently have health insurance.... It's kinda a pesky thing since you need it usually... So I went and spent A LOT of money for the doctor to tell me that it was just a cough and give me a prescription for Z-PAK he said would clear it up.... Well one week later I'm STILL coughing. So my mom who is into these essential oils from DoTerra gives me this little humidifier and two oils called breath and on guard.
Breath is supposed to help with the coughing and plugged up nose and on guard is to disinfect germs and kill the virus or whatever it is... Well I ran this little humidifier for one night and the next day I felt amazing!! My cough had lessened and wasn't so deep and my lungs didn't ache! It was incredible!! So for about the same amount of money this little amount of oils ( Which was about three drops each) had already started working where this doctor couldn't really do anything!
Now I'm not discrediting doctors because they are great and they do know what they are talking about but there are some areas that modern medicine can't really fix and the same goes for the oils I'm sure! I didn't use it for a night and did notice a difference I was coughing a lot more than I was while using it!
For some one who can't spend ninety dollars to go to the doctor everytime she gets sick this is incredible!! And if the ancient peoples of the world used these methods with out modern technology and they worked then why can't we?? Especially since nowadays most prescriptions have so many other additives that they almost hinder more than they do good who wouldn't want to use a natural path that doesn't have side effects?
Well, that was my little rant and I think I should stop now but they really do work period!

2 comments:

  1. oooooh, I want to learn more about these- are they the same ones your sister uses? Interested for sure. And I agree- modern medicine is a topic I have mixed feelings about. I believe the way we naturally take care of our bodies will do us justice. Hope you get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love onguard...have a tiny little sample...almost out.

    ReplyDelete